Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Video Distribution > Hall Research UV232B-S
The UV232B-R Transmitter is used to send high-resolution video and full-duplex RS-232 over a single twisted-pair cable to a remote location up to 500 feet away. This is the RECEIVER part of the kit. The input video can be from an RGBHV (PC video to WUXGA) or YPbPr (HD analog component to 1080p). DDC compliant EDID emulation assures proper PC boot-up with video output. The Bi-directional RS-232 can be used to control LCD's or Projectors that have RS- 232 control, or connect to a compatible touch-screen LCD. Applications include kiosk solutions, conference halls, digital signage, interactive operator systems, factory or laboratory data acquisition and control, and more.
When the Sender is powered from a VESA compliant VGA source (+5v on Pin 9) a power supply (included) is only required at the Receiver. If the source is not VESA compliant in that regard, or if the video is YPbPr (using a 3 RCA to HD15 input cable), then a power supply (included) is needed at both Sender and Receiver. It is recommended that for best image quality low-skew UTP cables be utilized (such as Hall Research's Zero-Skew cables), otherwise at long distances (>200ft) and high-resolution, RGB skew may be present and a separate skew corrector would be necessary (HRT Model SKU-RGB).
- Sends PC or HD video and bi-directional RS-232 over single Catx cable
- Compensation for UTP cable to 500 feet
- Supports all baud rates to 115 Kbps
- No power supply required at local sender when powered from VESA compliant VGA source
- DDC compliant EDID emulation on the Sender
- Perfect for touchscreen, kiosk, or projector control applications
- Compact metal enclosure with mounting provisions and includes RS-232 and high-quality VGA input cables
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Hall Research VGA and Bi-Directional RS-232 Extender-Transmitter (UV232B-S)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!