Solid Signal > Commercial Equipment > Modulators and Demodulators > Drake VMM860AS
Drake Digital Stereo Agile Modulator (VMM860AS)
No Reviews Available
Be the first to write one!
The VMM860AS is an agile, stereo, vestigial sideband, heterodyne audio/video modulator with synthesized visual and aural carriers. One to twelve modulators or other accessories can be mounted in the same amount of rack space typically required for two standard size units. Ideally suited for private cable, hotels and motels, institutional, and SMATV applications, the VMM860AS accepts video and audio baseband signals from a satellite receiver, TV camera, videotape recorder, TV demodulator, or similar signal sources.
- Convenient Pushwheel Switches for Channel Selection.
- Front panel control of RF output level, A/V ratio, and video/audio modulation.
- Complies with FCC Rules Part 76.
- Use up to 12 VMM860AS modulators in a two rack height space powered by a single PSM121 Power Supply or up to 4 VMM860AS modulators in the one rack height RMM4 rack with power supply.
- Rack mount and PSM121 Power Supply sold separately.
- BTSC Stereo Audio
- LED overmodulation indicators assist in setting proper modulation.
- CATV channels 2 – 135 or Broadcast channels 2 – 69 selectable from front panel.
- Agility allows for “hot standby” solutions in headends.
- Agility allows for minimal service stock.
- A versatile, professional BTSC vestigial sideband modulator.
- +45 dBmV output. Adjustable from +35 to +45 dBmV.
- SAW filtering for superior adjacent channel performance.
Technical Data And Specifications
|DRAKE VMM860AS STEREO AGILE MODULATOR
||Agile, 54 thtough 860 MHz
||Standard CATV Channels 2 through 135 HRC and IRC options available
by moving an internal jumper. Broadcast TV Channels 2 through 69
||+ 45 dBmV minimum, typically adjustable from + 30 to + 45 dBmV
||75 Ohms, return loss of 8 dB
||Audio Carrier - 22 to - 12 dB referenced to video carrier, adjustable
||± 5 kHz
||4.5 MHz ± 50 Hz
|FCC Frequency Offsets:
||Automatic, (+ 12.5 KHz, + 25 KHz or none as required for each channel)
|Spurious Outputs (5-900 MHz):
||-60 dBc, measured at -15 dB A/V ratio and with modulator output level of + 45 dBmV
|In Channel C/N:
||65 dB typical, 4 MHz bandwidth
||- 78 dBc typical,4 MHz bandwidth @ 45 dBmV output
|Input Level for 87.5% Modulation:
||0.65 Vp-p to 1.5 Vp-p, manual gain adjustable with front panel control
||Trips at 87.5% modulation depth
||75 Ohms, return loss of 26 dB minimum
||20 Hz to 4.2 MHz, ± 1 dB
||within 50 nSec. of 0 nSec. (standard) FCC predistortion available by special order
||± 3% (10 to 90% APL)
||± 3 degrees (10 to 90% APL)
|Input Level for 25 kHz Peak Deviation:
||125 mVrms to 2.5 Vrms. Manual gain adjustment with front panel control
||Trips at ± 25 kHz L + R deviatio
||> 10k Ohms, unbalanced
||75 µ Seconds
||50 Hz to 14 kHz, ± 1 db referenced to 75 ± second pre-emphasis curve
|Signal to Noise:
||> 60 dB
|Total Harmonic Distotion:
Specifications, price, and availability are subject to change without notice or obligation.
|DC Power Input:
|| + 12 VDC @ 220 mA, + 5 VDC @ 400 mA (typical)
||0° to 50° Celsius (32° to 122° Fahrenheit) ambient
||3.5" H X 1" W X 8" D (89 mm H x 25 mm W x 203 mm D)
Here are available downloads related to this product:
You May Also Consider
Product Reviews for Drake Digital Stereo Agile Modulator (VMM860AS)
Product reviews help other customers decide which product to purchase, where the best deals are, and your get a sense of
what to expect with the product. Write a Review!