Be Prepared for Blackouts with a Power Inverter.
A power inverter converts DC power (like from your car battery) into AC power. AC stands for alternating current, DC stands for direct current. These two types of currents are not interchangeable and can damage the wrong device.
That's where the power inverter comes in handy. By converting the DC signal to an AC signal, the power in your car battery can be used on anything you'd plug into the wall.
Key Features of the XP400i Power Inverter®
- 400 watts of continuous power & 800 watts of peak power
- Includes 2 AC outlets & 2 USB ports for powering/charging devices such as tablets, phones, etc.
- Plugs into 12V socket using included 12V adapter cable
- Built-in cooling fan prevents the unit and your device from overheating
- Features a circuit protector that defends against surges, voltage overload, and short circuits
- Converts 12 volt DC power to 110 volt AC power
- Works with DC power from your vehicle, RV, or even boat
All Whistler Power Inverters feature Electronic Circuit Protection:
- Smart Surge Control:
- The inverter will attempt to start loads above the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds
- Overload/Voltage Protection:
- When the voltage drops below 10.5 volts, the device plays an audible tone to alert you
- The device will shut down if input exceeds 15 volts DC or exceeds 10 volts DC
- Short Circuit Protection:
- Until you remove the short circuit, the device will shut itself down
- Thermal Cutoff:
- The inverter shuts itself down if its internal temperature exceeds safe parameters
What Size Power Inverter Do You Need?
A 100 watt inverter will power some lights and other small appliances (and your cell phone). Our 400 watt inverter will power your computer and more. We have a full range of power inverters of various sizes, to figure out which one you need, consult our blog. If you want to learn more about power inverters - how they work or how you can use them in your home, check out our blog post here.
We also carry Whistler XP series power inverters in XP100i 100-Watts, XP200i 200-Watts, XP1200i 1200-Watts, XP1600i 1600-Watts, XP2000i 2000-Watts, XP3000i 3000-Watts.
See full selection on here.