13dBi Directional Signal Antenna Installation
Extender to operate at the maximum legal limit of output power as allowed by Federal
Communications Commission (FCC) law. It typically works best when it is aimed at the strongest signal from your wireless provider. If you know the direction of your providers tower, simply point the antenna in that direction. Note: the closest tower may NOT be used by your provider. We have included some helpful hints if you do not know where your tower is located.
- The highest point will usually produce the best results. If you do not have roof access, you should choose the side of the building with the strongest signal. With your wireless phone turned on, walk around your house while noting the number of "bars" on your signal strength indicator.
- When you have determined the location of the strongest signal, install and tighten the antenna to your antenna mast or pole with the brackets provided. Loosely tighten the mast, so that you can rotate it from the base.
- Connect the provided cable to the antenna.
- Wrap the antenna connector using the Coax-Seal tape following the instructions on the package.
- Connect the other end of the short cable to the cable that is provided in your Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster kit. YOU MUST USE BOTH CABLES TO MEET FCC REQUIREMENTS. (Alternately, you may use a single Wireless Extenders cable if it is 50 feet or longer.)
- Route this antenna cable indoors and connect it to the base unit using the Cell Phone Signal Booster installation instructions.
To get the maximum benefit, you will want to take special care to make sure you point the antenna in the direction of the best signal for your wireless service provider.
- Place your cell phone on a non-metal surface which is 6-8 feet from the Base Unit Antenna.
- Turn the signal booster on and wait 30 seconds. Note the number of signal bars displayed on your cell phone. For best results, you want your phone to display in the middle of the signal meter range or less so that it can go up as you rotate the Signal Antenna to the optimum direction. If it is reading too high, move the phone farther from the base unit antenna.
- Record the number of signal bars (or range) _______(A) on your cell phone. Leave the phone in the same place and pointing in the same direction for the following steps. Note the direction of the antenna starting position.
- Rotate the antenna mast 90 degrees and then record the phone signal bars _______(B).
- Continue to rotate the antenna mast another 90 degrees in the same direction and record the phone signal bars ______(C).
- Again, rotate the antenna mast another 90 degrees in the same direction and again record the phone signal bars ______(D).
- Look for the highest reading above. Set the antenna to that position and tighten the antenna mast.
- If you desire to optimize further, then look for the two highest signal bars readings above and move the antenna between these two points to find the highest signal bars reading.
- Once you have determined the highest reading position tighten the antenna mast.
You have now completed the Directional Signal Antenna installation and you now have "Wireless Where You Want It."
- Please consult your Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster installation guide for more complete troubleshooting information.
- "Network Overdrive" [Power LED = off; Signal LED = Solid Red; Install LED = Solid Red] –you will have to choose another direction to aim your Directional Signal Antenna. This usually means that you are getting too much signal from another service provider. See your Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster installation guide for more information.
- "Oscillation" [Power LED = off; Signal LED = Flashing Red; Install LED = Flashing Red] –you will have to choose another direction to aim your Directional Signal Antenna OR move your Base Unit Antenna. This usually means that your Directional Signal Antenna is pointing towards the Base Unit Antenna. See your Wireless Extenders Cell Phone Signal Booster installation guide for more information.